Study in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain is a sovereign state in Europe. The UK consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. The UK is a very developed country and has the fifth largest economy by nominal GDP ninth largest economy by purchasing power parity. UK remains a great power with considerable economic, cultural, military, scientific & political influence internationally.

  • Country
  • United Kingdom
  • Capital
  • London
  • Largest City
  • London
  • Official Language
  • English
  • Ethnic Group
  • – 87.1 % White
    – 3.0% Black
    – 7.0 % Asian
    – 2.0% Mixed
    – 0.9 % Others
  • Government
  • Unitary Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
  • Total Area
  • 242, 495 km2
  • Population 2016 Esimate
  • 65, 110, 000
  • Currency
  • Pound Sterling GBP
  • Date Format
  • Drives on the
  • Left
  • Calling Code
  • +44

UK is one of the most popular destinations to travel for the purpose of earning an education. Generations have come to UK for their further education, which means that English Universities have decades of experience in working with international students. You can immerse yourself and learn to live, work, and think in the English language – what better way for you to learn English than to learn it in the country of its origin.

Your education will be recognized everywhere – wherever you go. UK education will provide you with solid foundation and boost your potential for having a higher salary and finding exactly what job you want. A world class education in a multicultural world can help to make you ready for the life that you will have after university. And it really helps that you will be able to enjoy England and Europe in a unique way that you couldn’t anywhere else.

TIER 4 (General) Student Visa:

You can apply for TIER 4 (General) Student visa to apply for study visa for UK if you are 16 or over:

You must have:

  • An unconditional offer of place from licensed TIER 4 Sponsor College / University.
  • Have enough finance to support your study & stay in UK.

You must meet the full requirements of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total as shown in the table below:

  • Points required: 40
  • You must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
  • 30 points
  • You must have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance or funds)
  • 10 points

Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS): This is not an actual certificate or paper document but is a virtual document similar to a database record. This record will be generated by the Tier 4 sponsor for each student they will be sponsoring. Each Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies has a unique reference number and contains information about the course of study for which it has been issued and the student’s personal details.

What type of study can a Tier 4 (General) student do?

You must be studying a course which is:

  • a full-time course of study that leads to a qualification at Level 6 or above of the National Qualification Framework (NQF) or its equivalents; or
  • an overseas course of degree level study that is recognised as being equivalent to a UK Higher education course and is being provided by an overseas HEI; or
  • a full time course involving a minimum of 15 hours per week organised daytime study (daytime study is 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday) and (except in the case of a pre- sessional course) leading to a qualification below degree level but which must be at a minimum of NQF Level 3 or its equivalents; or
  • undertaking a recognised Foundation Programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist in the UK; or • undertaking work as a student union sabbatical officer at your Tier 4 sponsoring institution or at the National Union of Students.

What are the acceptable levels of courses that a Tier 4 (General) Student can do?

If you are studying with a Tier 4 sponsor that has Tier 4 Sponsor status, you can obtain a CAS for a course that leads to an approved qualification for Home Office purposes and is:

  • Approved at level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) or Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland; or
  • Accredited at level 6 or above in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) by the Scottish Qualifications Authority;

Money you will need for living costs:

You must have enough money to support yourself whilst studying in the UK. The money that you will need for living costs will depend on the length of your course and where you will study it.

You must show that you have:

  • £1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time);
  • £1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London or anywhere else in the UK for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time).

OVS will assist you for further appointment of your visa interview as well as biometric to further precede your visa application at new stage.

We are the best in making your process of study overseas a smooth and an easy experience for our future international students.